Saturday, September 20, 2014

life happens everyday

"if we're really honest with ourselves, our plans usually don't work out as we had hoped. So instead of asking our young people "What are your plans? What do you plan to do with your life?" Maybe we should tell them this: Plan to be surprised." -Dan in Real Life

Life- the capacity we have for growth and change. This is the basis of what our existence entails, yet it is easily forgotten in the complexities we create for ourselves.

So many things can (and do) go wrong in life that I often forget about all the wonderful things that could go so perfectly right. At this time in my life, there has been so much stress put on having my whole life mapped out to the very last detail. It would be very relieving to be able to take those "plans", toss them out the window, and let life lead me where I am meant to go. Really, I don't have to worry about it all on my own. I am not stumbling blindly in the dark. There is a greater purpose for me that I have yet to discover and if I try to take control of my life, I may just miss out on what would give me the most joy. 

Instead of planning for perfection, which would hinder me from living the life I have, I plan now to live in the moment, without the stress of tomorrow casting its dark cloud above my head. I plan to ask my Heavenly Father for some directions on this journey I have undertaken. I plan to find happiness in every day of my life. Instead of putting restrictions on my life, I plan to open it up to limitless possibility. I plan to be surprised.

❤ Kate


2 comments:

  1. I like your post. I think it's important to plan for the future but be willing to adapt and change to what life gives back in return. If we map our lives out too specifically then we might miss the little detours that might enrich the journey. If we are taking a trip, sometimes those little detours become the highlight of the trip. However, if we don't know where we are going in the first place we will just mindlessly wander and never really get anywhere. I really like this quote from Alice in Wonderland:
    “Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
    "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
    "I don't much care where –"
    "Then it doesn't matter which way you go.”
    ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

    You have so many possibilities. Remember to enjoy each journey!

    ReplyDelete